The Old Market

vieux_marche

In the past, a farm, a puddle, a channel and a small bridge were on the square. Following torrential rains, the puddle was filled in and happened to become the marketplace where wooden huts arise.
    In 1926, the municipality decided to give the construction of those markets to the Companions of La Manche with the wood of the Brionne’s city. Today, these markets shelter shops.
    A commemorative tablet of the First and the Second World War reminds that there was a military hospital in Etretat.

Share this page!

bookmark at: Twitter bookmark at: Facebook bookmark at: MySpace bookmark at: Del.icio.us bookmark at: Digg bookmark at: Yahoo bookmark at: Google bookmark at: Diigo